Cooking Almond Croissants
Fragrant and crispy croissant is a real gift of cooking, dessert is perfect for daily breakfast, and can also successfully complement any festive feast. Today, a huge number of options for this dish are known, but not every recipe can surprise with its originality, as well as the ease of preparation. The article describes in detail how to cook real air croissants with incredibly tender almond filling and how long it will take.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Almond croissants are prepared from a fairly simple set of products that can be purchased at any modern supermarket. Their basis is sheets of ready-made yeast puff pastry. You can cook it yourself, but this will require an additional waste of time.
To choose the right dough, you need to pay attention to:
- tightness of the package;
- storage temperature and shelf life (at -15 ...- 20 ° С the product is stored for up to 12 months, in case of higher temperature the dough spoils in just 1-2 days);
- consistency - it must be dense and persist even after defrosting.
Preparation of all ingredients is quite simple. Dough, milk, cream and vanilla must be warmed to room temperature. Also, the yolk should be separated from 4 medium eggs.At the same time, protein can be used for other dishes, since it will not be needed for croissants. After that, you can proceed to the active phase of baking.
Did you know? Despite the fact that most people consider croissants to be a traditional French confectionery, in fact, Austria is their homeland. In France, the product appeared only in 1770 thanks to Marie Antoinette.
10 pcs. 60 minutes
one middle pod
puff pastry, yeast
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Combine milk, cream and whole almonds in a saucepan. Clean the vanilla pod from the seeds and also add it to the mass.
- Put the stewpan on medium heat and boil the milk mixture for several minutes, then cover and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the packaging and roll it to a thickness of 5 mm. Form an even rectangle from each sheet.
- Divide the workpiece with a wide knife into 6 isosceles triangles. This should be done so that their base is approximately 2 times shorter than the sides.
- Take a triangle from the dough and make a cut about 3 cm long at the base. Wrap it in a small bundle, going from the base to the top. Perform this procedure for all pieces.
- Form a small crescent from each roll, and then place it on a baking sheet. The bottom of the utensil must be lubricated with butter, the fat will turn into a liquid state during heating, which will protect the dough from sticking to a metal surface.
- Put the test base in the oven and bake it for 15 minutes at + 200 ° C.
- While the croissants are baking, prepare the cream. To do this, beat the yolks in a separate container, and then alternately combine them with starch, flour and sugar.
- Pour the previously prepared milk mixture into a blender and beat well until smooth (nuts should be thoroughly wiped). In this case, the vanilla pod must be eliminated before grinding.
- Strain the milk mass in a stewpan through a fine sieve, add the mass from the yolks to it.
- Cream over low heat until thickened. Then refrigerate it until it cools completely.
- Make a deep horizontal cut in each croissant to make a small pocket.
- Put a cream in each bun with a teaspoon.
- You can decorate a treat with slices of strawberries, powdered sugar and grated chocolate.
Croissant Recipe Video Recipe: Croissant Recipe
Important! When working with the dough, all contacting surfaces should be sprinkled with flour, otherwise it will stick, which will create a lot of difficulties.
Almond croissants are one of the few dishes that can become a real highlight of the hostess. The unique aroma of baking and the delicate taste of almond cream make it possible even in an ordinary kitchen to create a pastry masterpiece. This will require no more than an hour of free time and just a few standard culinary procedures.