Homemade Mulberry Wine Recipe
Mulberry or mulberry tree is famous for the benefits and taste of fruits. They are used not only for the preparation of jam and juice, but also used as the main ingredient in the manufacture of alcoholic beverages. A step-by-step recipe on how to make homemade mulberry wine, as well as how to choose the right fruits for cooking, read on.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
When choosing the ingredients for a drink from the mulberry tree, you need to pay attention to the appearance of the berries. They should not be rotten or contain diaper rash.
Important! In order for the wine to have a darker color, for its preparation you need to choose a variety of black, not white mulberry.
The quality of the drink will also depend on the correct collection of mulberries, you should not take the fruits growing along the road, because a lot of dust and exhaust gases settle on them from passing cars.
Coarse-grained sugar is best suited for preparing home-made liquor; its dissolution process will be slower, which will make the taste of alcohol more saturated.
Did you know? The first corkscrew appeared only in 1795. Until that time, there was no need for this item, because the wine was kept only in barrels.
Mulberry Wine Recipe
2.5 l40 minutes
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Pour fruit into a 3-liter jar.After laying the berries in the container, a third of the free space should remain.
- On top of the mulberry tree, pour sugar in the amount of 500 g and gently shake the jar so that it is evenly distributed among the berries.
- Take the rubber glove and make 5-6 holes in it with a needle. Pull it on the neck of the container.
- Set aside the fermentation jar in a sunny place.
- After 7 days, you need to remove the berry meal from the container by expressing through cheesecloth. The strained wine product should fill a 3-liter jar halfway.
- Next, pour water into the container with the drink.
- Add 100 g of sugar and shake the wine product.
- Put a glove on the throat of the can and leave the drink for further fermentation in a dark place.
- The signal that the fermentation process is completed and the wine is ready for consumption will be the fall of a glove filled with air.
Video recipeMulberry Wine RecipeVideo Recipe: Mulberry Wine Recipe
Features of storage of the workpiece
Mulberry wine should be stored in the basement at a relative humidity of 70% and a temperature of + 6 ° C to + 20 ° C. The drink should be contained in glass bottles, which are filled to the very top. Under such conditions, alcohol will maintain its quality indicators for 4 years.
Important! If homemade wine from mulberry berries is not stored in the basement, then it is placed in a dark place so that the drink is not exposed to direct sunlight, otherwise it will become cloudy and deteriorate.
Thanks to a simple recipe, mulberry wine can be made even by a novice in culinary art.The drink has an unusual taste and a lot of useful properties, in small doses it is used to prevent colds and nervous disorders.