Diuretic properties of lingonberries in folk medicine
The positive properties of lingonberries are difficult to overestimate. The evergreen shrub contains many vitamins and minerals. Berries and leaves are actively used in folk medicine for a variety of purposes, because it stores many medicinal properties.
The main medical characteristics of lingonberries
The plant has pronounced tonic, anthelmintic and antipyretic properties. Thanks to vitamins, they also help with scurvy and vitamin deficiency. The plant has hemostatic properties and accelerates wound healing, so it is used in the treatment of internal and uterine bleeding. Also, the berry is effective for hypertension and rheumatism, cholecystitis, gout, salt deposition. The berries and leaves of the plant help in the treatment of tumors of the stomach, hypoacid gastritis and pulmonary tuberculosis, enteritis and neurasthenia.Also, these berries are a strong diuretic and are used in the treatment of cystitis and enteritis. Lingonberry is a natural relaxant. It helps relieve fatigue and restore strength. Juice from shrubs is useful at the first sign of a cold, exhaustion, and headaches. The fruits of the plant are advised to be taken by people with visual impairment, students and pilots, as they improve its acuity.
Composition of the scarlet fruits of the plant:
- 10-15% of saccharides: glucose, fructose, sucrose;
- malic, salicylic and citric acids, which give an acidic taste;
- vitamins of groups B, C, E, A;
- magnesium, manganese, iron, phosphorus, calcium and potassium;
- benzoic acid;
Did you know? Benzoic acid extends the shelf life of lingonberries and gives it preservative properties. Due to this, the leaves do not lose their qualities for a long time and do not require special storage conditions.
Lingonberry is a low-calorie berry.100 g of fruits, the calorie content of which is 46 kcal, contains:
- proteins - 0.7 g;
- carbohydrates - 8.2 g;
- ash - 0.2 g;
- fats - 0.5 g;
- water - 86 g.
Leaves and branches
For medicinal purposes, leaves are most often used.
They are rich in healing qualities, because they consist of:
- vitamins - B1, B3, B6, B9, B12 and C;
- quinic, gallic and tartaric acid;
- carboxylic acids.
They are known for their antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities. They are used in the treatment of the genitourinary system as part of complex therapy.
Benefit and harm
Shrub has many medicinal qualities that are actively used in modern and traditional medicine.
- Useful properties of the plant are in the treatment of diseases:
- impaired metabolism;
- kidney and urinary tract;
- diabetes mellitus;
- vitamin deficiency.
- Also an evergreen shrub:
- has a diuretic effect on the body;
- performs an antipyretic function;
- has antiseptic properties;
- possesses astringent function.
- Although the plant is useful, it has contraindications, and it should be treated with caution, because the berry:
- irritates the gastric mucosa;
- may cause an allergic reaction;
- lowers blood pressure, which is dangerous for people with hypotension;
- increases the acidity of the stomach.
Use of lingonberry as a diuretic
Among the many medicinal qualities of an evergreen shrub, its diuretic function stands out. Thanks to her, decoctions and fees are used in the treatment of the genitourinary system and colds. Also, the diuretic effect of the plant is effective against edema during pregnancy. There are many ways to prepare leaves and fruits to achieve the desired effect.
Important! Lingonberry accumulates in itself radioactive substances, so you need to collect it away from large roads, landfills or factories.
The fruits have not only medicinal properties, but also a pleasant taste. Thanks to this, you can combine business with pleasure. Decoctions and infusions of berries as well as leaves can be used for diuretic effect. Fans of alternative medicine know many recipes of not only tasty, but also medicinal drinks from this shrub.
Berry fruit drink
To prepare a fruit drink with a diuretic effect, you will need:
- lingonberry berries - 280 g;
- honey - 2.5 tablespoons;
- water - 1.5 liters.
Step-by-step cooking instructions:
- Berries must be thoroughly washed and sorted.
- Then the fruits need to grind through a sieve.
- Pour heated water into a container for grated berries through a sieve with oilcake.
- Add honey to the liquid and mix well.
Ready fruit juice is most useful in the first 2-3 hours after preparation.
Important! During boiling, lingonberries lose some of their useful elements, and honey becomes a carcinogen, therefore, it is not recommended to boil fruit drinks for a long time.
To prepare lingonberry water you will need:
- water - 2 l;
- sugar - 1 cup;
- lingonberry - 2.5 kg.
Step-by-step cooking instructions:
- Rinse the berries thoroughly.
- Fold the lingonberries in a three-liter jar on the shoulders.
- Pour the fruit with water, add sugar and close the lid tightly.
- Put the jar in a dark, cold place for 2 weeks.
Leaves and branches
Leaves and branches also have many beneficial qualities. They are used in medicine most often, because they have both diuretic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Decoctions and tinctures from the leaves are used in the treatment of cystitis, kidney disease and inflammation of the bladder and urinary tract.
There are many recipes for making teas, decoctions and leaves with different effects.
Tea from leaves and branches
Not only berries have many useful qualities. Leaves and branches are most often used in medicine, because diuretic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties are combined at the same time. Decoctions and tinctures are used in the treatment of cystitis, kidney disease and inflammation of the bladder and urinary tract.
During pregnancy, it is not recommended to use drugs even of herbal origin. But you can drink tea from cranberry leaves with cranberries for future mothers to relieve swelling. It is also a good tool to support kidney function and overall body strengthening.
To make this tea you will need:
- dried lingonberry leaves - 1 teaspoon;
- water - 1 cup.
Dry preparation should be poured with boiling water and let them stand for 1-2 hours. After this, tea can be taken for several days in a tablespoon 10-15 minutes before a meal.
Decoction of leaves and branches
For cooking you will need:
- leaves - 20 g;
- water - 500 ml;
Step-by-step instructions for cooking:
- Leaves need to be steamed with 250 ml of boiling water.
- Stand in a steam bath for 30 minutes.
- After the mixture is cool, strain and squeeze the cake.
- Add the remaining warm water to the squeezed leaves.
Infusion of leaves and branches
Take infusion is recommended for inflammatory processes of the urinary system.
For cooking you need:
- Lingonberry leaves - 20 g.
- Water - 200 ml.
- Pour leaves in a thermos or in any other dish.
- Pour boiling water over the leaves.
- Close the dishes and cover with a towel.
- Wait 40 minutes to let the leaves brew.
- Strain the infusion.
You need to take it 3-4 times a day before eating 25 ml.
Did you know? The peoples of the north used lingonberries as a panacea for all diseases, and our ancestors considered it a berry of immortality.
Lingonberry diuretic collection
If there is no way to buy or pick up fresh lingonberries, then you can always buy a ready-made collection in a pharmacy. About such drugs, you can read reviews on the Internet if in doubt. This is also convenient because the useful dry mix is already divided into portions.On packaging with collection must have indications and contraindications. Also on it you can read the list of methods of using the drug for treatment.
Contraindications and side effects
Like any medicine, lingonberries have their contraindications. Before using it, it is better to consult a doctor.
- There are a number of diseases in the treatment of which the plant can exacerbate the situation:
- with low blood pressure, you can not take this medication. It will lower the pressure even more;
- with renal failure, it is better to refrain from the plant. Diuretic function will lead to a deterioration in the condition of a diseased organ;
- lingonberry contains a large amount of acid, so it can not be patients with high acidity of the stomach;
- raw berries should not be taken for ulcers or violations of the integrity of the gastrointestinal tract.
The drug should be treated with caution and not abused. Lingonberries have strong medicinal properties. It is necessary to clearly follow the assigned dosage and immediately stop using the drug at the first sign of side effects.
The use of lingonberries as a diuretic for pregnant women: features of use
During pregnancy, it is necessary to carefully use various medications and it is better to consult a doctor before each use of even herbal preparations. Lingonberry is not contraindicated for expectant mothers, but you should not abuse it. Decoctions and tinctures from the plant are recommended for high sugar levels, inflammation of the genitourinary system and kidneys.Due to the strong diuretic effect of lingonberry, it is considered a panacea for edema. Easy to prepare infusion from the leaves of the bush will help harmless for the child to get rid of the problem and at the same time saturate the body with vitamins and strengthen the immune system. Consultation with a doctor before taking the infusion is necessary, because there may be a risk of an allergy to the berry. Although such cases are very rare, it is better to prevent any possible troubles.
The healing properties of lingonberries have been known since ancient times. This valuable plant can help in the treatment of many diseases. But you should not take the berry lightly. Treatment should be discussed with your doctor to quickly achieve the desired result.